4.3 Wi-Fi Hotspot
The default Wi-Fi hotspot Outdoor-WiFi-xxx. And it is non-encrypted.
After accessing the router admin panel, go to "Network > Wireless" to check the Wi-Fi status.
- Radio0 - Generic MAC80211 802.11bgn is the wireless modem of the router
- SSID | Mode:
Masterare the primary & guest Wi-Fi hotspots
- SSID | Mode:
Clientis the Wi-Fi relay connection. It's not visible until set up the Wi-Fi relay.
- Associated Stations are the active Wi-Fi networks and their working status.
You can turn off both client and master SSID by clicking the "Disable" button. And re-active it by clicking the "Enable" button.
The guest Wi-Fi hotspot uses a separated IP pool 192.168.100.1, and it's turned off by default.
4G router overview wireless Wi-Fi networks
On the above wireless overview page of "System > Wireless." Click the "Edit" button on the row of related SSID to enter their configuration page.
In the section of Device Configuration, in the tab of General Setup, you can monitor the network status and configure Wi-Fi operating Mode, Channel, Bandwidth, and Transmit Power.
Suggest using default settings unless there is a conflict.
After connecting to a Wi-Fi relay, the Wi-Fi master SSID's Mode, Channel, and Width will be locked to use the same settings as the connected Wi-Fi relay network.
If other 2.4GHz Wi-Fi hotspots nearby, do not use 40MHz on "Width," and do not turn on "Force 40MHz mode" on the advanced settings.
In Device Configuration, click on Advanced Settings, check the Country Code field, and select the corresponding country code.
It is essential to ensure the Wi-Fi hotspot on your router meets the legal regulations in your country. The other configured Wi-Fi networks will use the same device settings.
Adjust Wi-Fi Country Code
In the section of Interface Configuration, click the tab of General Setup. You can edit the name of the Wi-Fi hotspot on the field of ESSID.
Click the tab of Wireless Security to enter the encryption section and configure the Wi-Fi password.
- Encryption: Select an encryption method. The last option, "WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Mixed Mode," is recommended for home and small office networks.
- Cipher: The "Auto" option is recommended.
- The Key is the Wi-Fi password. Input your password without space. Special characters are supported. The minimum length is eight characters.
- Other default settings are qualified for general usage.
Wi-Fi Configure - Hotspot SSID and Password
Enable the checkbox Hide ESSID, and the router will stop broadcast the Wi-Fi hotspot but remain the Wi-Fi connection when entering the Wi-Fi hotspot name and password manually.
WMM, Wi-Fi Multimedia, is an automated way of handling Quality of Service (QoS) on the Wi-Fi network that provides improved video and voice performance over the wireless network.
You can connect the 4G router to another Wi-Fi hotspot to get a backup Internet connection or extend the current Wi-Fi network. Go to "Network > Wireless" and open the wireless overview page.
- Click the "Scan" button on the first row of "Radio0". It will open a new page and scan the nearby 2.4GHz Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Choose the Wi-Fi hotspot you want to connect to from the page and click the "Join Network" button.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password on the "WPA passphrase" field. Leave the new network as "wwan" and stay in the "WAN/Mobile" firewall zone. !! Do not enable the check box of "Replace wireless configuration" unless you intend to disable its own Wi-Fi master hotspot.
- Click the "Submit" button on the bottom right corner to enter the Wi-Fi client configure page. Generally speaking, you can use leave all of them with no change.
- Click the "Save & Apply" button to return to the wireless overview page.
Set Up Wireless Wi-Fi Relay on EZR33L Router
The EZR33L router will create its subnet, like connect to an internet modem. The LAN interface on the EZR33L router must set in a different subnet than the Wi-Fi hotspot you are connecting.
We can repeat the above operations and connect to multiple Wi-Fi hotspots. Please use different "Name of the new network" and set the firewall to "WAN."
If failed to set up a Wi-Fi relay connection, go to "Network > Wireless," delete the "SSID | Mode: Client," and repeat the above operation.